Thursday, May 31, 2012

Alaine



New Jersey born  Alaine Laughton Laughton moved to Jamaica when she was three year old. Alaine was the little girl who was in the movie Clara’s Heart with one of my favorite actresses Whoopi Goldberg, this was in 1988. In the 1990s through 2000s Aliane was living in the United States. Aliane was singing background vocals for Rocefella, Cam’ron, Freeway and she was also writing songs. Aliane moved back to Jamaica in 2004 to work on her solo career. It was a good move for her to come from behind the scene to the front. Aliane can sing. She needed to come out front to do her own thing. Her music makes me feel like I’m in the Caribbean, sitting on the beach sipping on a “Bahama Mamma”. While I was writing this I downloaded some songs of Aliane’s to my playlist. The song I put on my playlist are "Sacrifice", "Without you", "No Ordinary Love", "Forever More" (featuring Tarrus Riley), “Deeper”, "Color Blind", “Speak Love”, "Luv a Dub" (featuring Buju Banton) and "Lovers Prayer". Aliane is another underrated singer that needs to be played more. I’m so glad that internet radio is out there, where you can listen to singers that On-Air DJ’s are not playing. Aliane is a singer that I know I will be keeping up with. Listen to her songs on Streetwise Radio. You can also listen to Streetwise Radio on live365, iTunes, MyGen365 and Athena365,
LM

No comments:

Post a Comment