Thursday, August 4, 2016

Conscious, Sexy Dancehall Singer Fyakin Makes Reggae on the River Debut Aug. 7 By Shelah Moody






Photos Courtesy of Fyakin

Fyakin performs with Anthony B and also at a late night/early morning dancehall set on the South Beach Stage at the 32nd Annual CAReggae on the River Festival, French's Camp Piercy, . www.reggaeontheriver.com
Have you ever wondered what it’s like for an artist to perform at a massive, historic event such as the famed Reggae on the River for the first time? For Fyakin, a conscious young singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist, the journey is well worth the wait.
Fyakin, a.k.a. Nicholas Levy, was born in Kingston, JA in 1988 and is currently based in Miami, FL. He derived his moniker from the Yoruba name Akin, which means “valor awakes.” A favorite on the Jamaican music scene, Fyakin created a buzz by performing at events such as Sizzla’s birthday bash, Sting, East Fest and Island Explosion to name a few. During the summer of 2015, Fyakin released his acclaimed full-length album, “Child of the Nile” on Nyle Banks Music. This year, Fyakin released his fiery single, “Warrior Ways.”   A devoted father and former professional soccer player, Fyakin describes his music as soulful, uplifting, cultured and truthful.
“You can expect a passionate performance and you might see me playing some Congo drums here and there; maybe a little keyboards,” said Fyakin. “You never know what can happen. Expect the unexpected when it comes to me. I keep growing and finding new talents each day.”
Shelah Moody: How do you feel about performing at Reggae on the River for the first time? What are some of the stories that you've heard about Reggae on the River from other artists?
Fyakin: I’ve just heard the show is a well-organized and properly promoted; it's huge has a lot of people there. It's my first time at Reggae on the River and my first time in California. It's quite an elated feeling for me to be a part of one of the greatest reggae festivals so to speak. My plan is to give the people a great performance--one to remember. I will be performing with Anthony B doing a song we both collaborated on for his tribute to the legends album.


SM: What do you have in store for the ladies in the dancehall?
Fyakin: I’ve got a lot in store for the ladies-- some sweet soulful lovers’ rock music that I am sure the ladies will enjoy. Tracks like “Sweet Music,” “I Miss Your Love” and “You are My Lady.”
SM: How do you feel about sleeping amongst the majestic California redwoods?
Fyakin: I've never experienced camping out before so I will see how that works out for me.
SM: Will you take a dip in the Eel River?
Fyakin: Not sure but I just might do so!
SM: Speaking of the Reggae on the River experience, I was gonna ask you about the myth of Humboldt ganja.
Fyakin: LOL. Nope, never heard of it!

Follow Fyakin on the web: www.fyakin.com
INSTAGRAM: darealfyakin



No comments:

Post a Comment